A beneficiary designation gift is a simple and affordable way to make a gift to support LifeGR ®. You can designate us as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment, or bank account or your life insurance policy.
BENEFITS OF A BENEFICIARY DESIGNATION GIFT
- Support the causes that you care about
- Continue to use your account as long as you need to
- Simplify your planning and avoid expensive legal fees
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
HOW A BENEFICIARY DESIGNATION GIFT WORKS
- To make your gift, contact the person who helps you with your account or insurance policy, such as your broker, banker, or insurance agent.
- Ask them to send you a new beneficiary designation form.
- Complete the form, sign it, and mail it back to your broker, banker, or agent.
- When you pass away, your account or insurance policy will be paid or transferred to LifeGR, consistent with the beneficiary designation.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS FOR YOUR FUTURE
If you are interested in making a gift but are also concerned about your future needs, keep in mind that beneficiary designation gifts are among the most flexible of all charitable gifts. Even after you complete the beneficiary designation form, you can take distributions or withdrawals from your retirement, investment, or bank account and continue to freely use your account. You can also change your mind at any time in the future for any reason, including if you have a loved one who needs your financial help.